Monday 14 February 2011

Costume

Kira and I have got together and designed a Polyvore Set each to illustrate our ideas for the costumes for our pop promotion. Polyvore is a great online tool for quickly and accurately putting together outfit ideas thematically and I thought it would be a great way to channel our creativity and showcase what we had in mind for the music video and building a star image for GLITTERKNIGHT whilst utilising new media.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My own Polyvore Set:

In my Polyvore Set, there is a lot going on! It follows the theme of lots of blacks, whites and golds with the occasional bold pop of colour. Glitter and sequins, different textures and sizes are my aim here and I think this sums up my half of GLITTERKNIGHT. The clothing here definitely illustrates what GLITTERKNIGHT is for myself and helps drastically in creating the star image that we are trying to achieve by building a collection of statement pieces and representing ourselves in a way that is easily received but also in a way that cultivates a lot of interest.
Kira's Polyvore Set:

Kira's Polyvore Set brings the femininity into GLITTERKNIGHT in a very chic, edgy, recognisable way. Like in my own set, statement pieces and having a strong theme and personality with the costumes is absolutely key to building the star image that we need to grow as a band and a brand. Blacks and creams are the main colour point but similarly to mine, a pop of colour (red) is used to shake up the image a little bit. Vintage jewelery, red lips and heels are Kira's staple here along with (similarly to myself) studs, playing around with oversized pieces and statement shoes.

Visit Polyvore by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment